We offer three loan programs suited to small businesses:
- EDA Microloan Fund – $1,000-$10,000 loans at low interest rates. This loan may be used to purchase inventory and/or supplies; equipment; marketing/advertising; relocation expenses; renovations and working capital.
- Small Business Investors Fund – $5,000 - $10,000 forgivable loans funded by a generous $50,000 seed donation from Investors Bank available to street-level, storefront businesses in Wards A, B, C, D and F.
- The Jersey City Fund – $25,000 - $50,000 SBA Community Advantage Loans for start-ups, early stage and mature businesses.
Excelsior Growth Fund
At Excelsior Growth Fund (EGF), their mission is to help businesses in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania grow by providing small business loans and advisory services. As a nonprofit certified Community Development Financial Institution, they are a responsible lender you can trust. One of their signature products, this loan provides up to $100,000 through a streamlined online platform. It is fast and easy. In just 20 minutes, you can submit all of the information needed to evaluate and process your small business loan application.
Learn more at www.excelsiorgrowthfund.org.
Take advantage of being a certified UEZ Business
If your business is located in an Urban Enterprise Zone (UEZ), we’ll assist you in registering for certification so you can enjoy the benefits of being a UEZ business:
- Pass on savings to consumers with reduced retail sales tax
- Make tax-free purchases of capital equipment, facility expansions, upgrades and certain personal property
- Purchase subsidized unemployment insurance
To obtain additional information and assistance on the UEZ program, email Florence Baron at email@example.com or phone 201.333.7797, ext. 1205.
You may also visit www.nj.gov/njbusiness/financing/uez/