Jersey City COVID-19 Relief Fund Grant Priorities & Proposal Process
Please note these guidelines have been modified as of June 12, 2020.
Thanks to the generosity of Jersey City residents and its business community, the JC COVID-19 Relief Fund will begin allocating funds to address the following priorities:
COVID-19 Relief Funds: Community – Based Nonprofits & Arts Community
- JC Community-based Organization Relief Fund: This fund is for Jersey City community-based non-profit organizations directly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic to address losses in revenue and COVID-19 related costs.
- JC Arts/Artist Relief Fund: This Fund is for Jersey City arts organizations and artist community members who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic to address losses in revenue/income and COVID-19 related costs. This Fund will be administered in collaboration with the JC Arts Council.
JC COVID-19 Program Grant Support for Youth, Arts and Hardship Relief Programming
- JC 2020 Summer Youth Program Grant: Jersey City community-based non-profit organizations to develop and implement summer youth recreation, enrichment and employment programs, with a focus on outdoor activities that address public health social distancing guidance;
- JC Hardship Relief Program Grant: Jersey City community-based non-profits to provide direct services and grant support to income-eligible residents impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, including programming that addresses food insecurity, rental assistance, landlord-tenant and other legal services, benefits counseling, immigrant rights and other related services; and
- JC Arts Program Grant: Jersey City arts organizations to develop and implement visual and performing arts programming, with a priority on programming that enhances public spaces, commercial district re-opening and/or offers arts education to youth.
Organizations interested in applying for JC COVID-19 Relief Fund support must submit applications (including all required information, proposed narratives and supportive documentation) to the JCEDC at www.jcedc.org within the timelines below. Applications and instructions will be posted here according to the schedule below. Applicant qualifications and requirements may be found by clicking the button for each category.
JCEDC staff will review the applications for completeness and forward them to the Jersey City Covid-19 Relief Committee, a group of individuals appointed by Mayor Fulop that includes members of the City Council, Mayoral Administration and members of the JCEDC Board. The Committee will make the final award selections.
Please note: Individual residents are not eligible to apply for these funds. Individuals who require assistance are asked to contact the appropriate agency or organization that may address their specific needs.
JC 2020 SUMMER YOUTH PROGRAM GRANT: Applications will be posted on Monday, June 1, 2020. Applications must be submitted on or before Wednesday, July 1, 2020. Only qualified entities will be eligible. Awardees will be notified by Friday, July 10, 2020.
Jersey City based 501(c)(3) arts organizations and Jersey City based sole proprietor artists are eligible to partner with a Jersey City based youth organization to submit a joint application to provide an arts programming component.
JC COMMUNITY-BASED ORGANIZATION RELIEF FUND: Applications will be posted on Monday, June 8, 2020. Applications must be submitted on or before Wednesday, June 17, 2020. Only qualified entities will be eligible. Awardees will be notified by June 26, 2020.
JC ARTS PROGRAM GRANT: Applications for the Jersey City Arts Grant Program will be posted on Monday, June 15, 2020. Applications must be submitted to the JCEDC before July 1, 2020. Awardees will be notified by July 15, 2020.
Jersey City based 501(c)(3) arts organizations and Jersey City based sole proprietor artists are eligible to apply.
Jersey City based 501(c)(3) arts organizations and Jersey City based sole proprietor artists are eligible to apply for these funds even if they have partnered and submitted an application for the JC Summer Youth Program.
JC ARTIST RELIEF FUND: This fund will be administered in collaboration with the Jersey City Arts Council. For further information, please go to www.jerseycityartscouncil.org.
JC HARDSHIP RELIEF FUND GRANTS: By invitation only. Interested nonprofits may submit letters of interest on or before June 24, 2020.
Please note: these dates may be subject to minor modifications.